1. Blues For Roland (T. Hansen, live, Sept 25, 2014)
2. Glass (We Kunnen Het Verleden Niet te Herbouwen) (T. Hansen, live, Sept 25, 2014). After seeing famous Dutch architect and glass sculptor Han de Kluijver’s lecture and slideshow (in Dutch), Jos van Oost challenged me to write a song about it. So that day I decided to go a step further and try singing a Dutch phrase. We recorded this the next week.
3. Blueberry Jam (improvisation, live, Sept 25, 2014) on your mark….get set….JAM SOMETHING FUNKY IN THE KEY OF E !!!
4. A Gonzo Connection (T. Hansen, May 14, 2009) originally recorded on the crossed double neck acoustic, but I changed my mind after I got the crossed neck electric….
5. High As the Moon (T. Hansen, live, Sept 25, 2014)
6. AAAY (pure improvisation, live, Sept 25, 2014. Another spontaneous eruption!
7. Every Time (improvisation, Sept 25, 2014. A little thing I warm up with every time…always same chords but (still to this day) I don’t have definite melody for it yet…
8. The Ringmen (T. Hansen, May 14, 2009) this was an experiment layering my original live performance on the dueling guitars (both guitars have a clean sound, left hand layered with piano and swells) with my hybrid crossed double neck electric guitar (right hand solo, left hand Rhodes piano). We recorded this live in our first session recording together on May 14, 2009. It was one of my last sessions recording the dueling guitars because I just received my new crossed double neck acoustic guitar on that same tour, and it soon became my primary focus.
9. Darkness (improvisation, May 14, 2009) this was one of our first spontaneous jams on May 14, 2009 on the crossed double neck acoustic guitar.
released November 1, 2016
Terence Hansen- ‘Hybrid crossed double neck electric’ (right hand taps solos, left hand taps synth strings and guitar on all songs except on ‘Darkness’ on the acoustic crossed double neck, and ‘The Ringmen’ which features the ‘dueling guitars’ with the ‘Hybrid’. All vocals.
Sjoerd Beunder –electric bass
Richard Heijerman -drums, percussion
Recorded and engineered at the Rough Road Studios in Oudenhoorn, the Netherlands by Jos van Oost
Mixed and produced by Terence Hansen at Casskem Studios USA
Cover photos by Jos van Oost and Cindy Peterson Holt (Terence cover pic)
Richard and Sjoerd learned all the new (unexpected!) songs an hour prior to our performance/recording for a studio audience on September 25, 2014!